holiday songs that are torture

mike@miscon.net mike@miscon.net
Mon Dec 1 16:06:36 EST 2008

> Steve Ordinetz wrote:
>
> What about
"White Christmas" by Tiny Tim? Is it true he actually put
> out a Christmas album?

Yes, Tiny Tim *did* put out
a Christmas Album a year or two before his death, IIRC.

btw, I
am currently working on my annual Christmas music compilation. I have
never - in 19 years - used any version of "Grandma Got Run
Over..." or had singing dogs, burping frogs or any of that. Though
there *have* been some rather whacko one-offs, most notably, "T'was a
Weird Night Before Christmas" by Weird Beard and The Crazy Cajun, and
a never-released Christmas song by Ken Curtis sinply called
"Christmas."

And of course there's "Little
Elfy" by Dorchester native, Ray Bolger.

Mike