Prog. talk revived on WWZN

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 15:27:56 EST 2008

>> Well, yes someone probably is paying for the time but I meant at least
>> they're making the effort
of doing a daily local show instead of just "turning on the bird" (which,
actually, they will
come 6 pm tonight). Clear Channel didn't go so far as to do that with
WXKS/WKOX. So yes,
while someone is paying for the time, at least someone stepped forward and
volunteered to
do a local show, etc.<<

I have been one that thought that 1510AM WWZN should go talk, as an
alternative to WRKO (Progressive or otherwise).  With the current ownership,
I hardly think thats possible.

Can anyone tell me a time when a show that has *purchased airtime*, has
worked commercially (as in spot sales)?

(About as sucessful as you could be would be to match The Irish Hit Parade
on WROL.)

This show will not be sucessful as long as the station is as disjointed as
it currently is.
(Sports, then progressive talk, then a funny guy, then horse racing, then
religion, then...)

It will be tough to find an audience, since every other time people tune to
this station, there will be programming that not only dont they like, but
will probably bug  them.)