Killer Kowalski

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Sat Aug 30 14:12:17 EDT 2008

I don't know if any of you grew up watching professional wrestling,
before it devolved into the vulgar spectacle of today, but it used to
actually have some skill and some showmanship.  Yeah it was fake, but
lots of us baby boomers enjoyed watching it, and one of the biggest
and best "bad guys" was Walter "Killer" Kowalski. After he retired
from actively being a wrestler, he ran a successful wrestling school
here in Massachusetts, and trained a number of stars.

I am sad to report that Killer Kowalski just passed away today, at
the age of 81.  I visited him several weeks ago and he looked and
sounded great.  But he had a massive heart attack recently and never
recovered.  May he rest in peace-- he entertained millions of fans
for over 50 years.