Mystery Science DNC

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 07:01:53 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill O'Neill" <billohno@gmail.com>
Subject: Mystery Science DNC

> (snip) the web-only link for the Strategy Room.  Shep Smith and to other
> guys are playing it like Mystery Science Theater with the camera shot on
> the backs of their heads as they watch the speeches.  They are giving
> MST-styled commentary while wearing aluminum foil antennae on their heads.
> As a point of full disclosure, I had emailed them suggesting the head
> gear.  I feel so ashamed.  Great TV though.  Now, why can't radio do this
> (the live voices over the speeches)?

if radio did do the commentary, it would have to be done in stereo (speech
on one side, commentary on the other).  or it could be like we've heard on
too many stations of late where master control is pretty much unattended and
somehow one of the production studios or newsrooms gets on the air at the
same time.  not always an intended consequence, but happenstance,
nonetheless.

but you should be even more ashamed if you did not think to include the
coupon for the digital conversion boxes with your suggestion for the
head-gear.  tsk, tsk.

--Chuck Igo