Boston-Radio-Interest Digest, Vol 12, Issue 327

Keating Willcox kwillcox@wnsh.com
Sun Aug 24 04:31:00 EDT 2008

At 10:14 PM 8/23/2008, you wrote:
>On Sat, 8/23/08, Paul B. Walker, Jr. <walkerbroadcasting@gmail.com> wrote:
> > If they run a talk format, they will STILL have to pay music
> > licensing fees.
>

>Yes, but much lower fees than they would as a music station. When
>you're only using a few bumpers each hour ...
>
>(Do stations have to pay music licensing fees for national spots, or
>do the spot's producers pay those?)

Talk stations pay a fee, that seems to cover everything, syndicated
shows as well as local...BTW, we had to go off the air for two days
as a local cell tower needed work/ We're back...all is fine.

Sincerely,

Keating Willcox ~/~

WNSH AM 1570 Beverly
Women's Talk Radio