Arbitron's sampling methodology isFARmoreimportantthanMrorMrsDePetro's misdeeds

Dan Billings billings@suscom-maine.net
Sat Aug 23 17:15:42 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <chuckigo@maine.rr.com>
To: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>
Cc: "Dan Billings" <billings@suscom-maine.net>; "Don A"
<donald_astelle@yahoo.com>; "BRI+"
<boston-radio-interest@rolinin.bostonradio.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2008 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: Arbitron's sampling methodology
isFARmoreimportantthanMrorMrsDePetro's misdeeds

> enough.  the character assasinations are absurdly disturbing.
>
> and the same goes for the "other" Dan - who seems to think he had a 20
> year career in broadcasting.  he was around or affiliated with radio, but
> was not full-time employed for 20 years in radio.
>
> Do not pretend to think you know all and everything about me or my
> professional peers.

Yes, I only worked full-time in radio for 8 years and the rest was
part-time.  I do not claim to have comprehensive knowledge and am only
commenting from my personal experience.  In my time in the business, I saw
management do things on a regular basis that I could not imagine doing as an
employer.  And I saw behavior by employees tolerated that would get people
fired in most professions.

Though I met and worked with many great people in radio, there is a sleaze
factor present with many of the people who work in broadcasting that is more
apparent to me as I am more distant from the business.  And when I say this,
I am thinking of management and sales, not just the folks that are on-air.

Now the other two professions that I have worked in -- law and politics --
are certainly subject to jokes and comments that would fit with what you
call "character assassinations ."  I don't take every lawyer joke
personally.