Arbitron's sampling methodology is FAR more important than Mr orMrsDePetro's misdeeds

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Fri Aug 22 18:06:30 EDT 2008

Dan wrote:
>> you must either be incredibly gullible or you have some sort
> of agenda. Since I don't believe that you are gullible, I assume you
> have an agenda--

Dan - you lost me at hello.

last thing first:  Please cite the source that you feel insists the Arbitron
people were given 6 apartments for one address in regards to the Providence
ARB.

I have no agenda nor am i gullible.  in no way was i defending any aspect of
this story.  i was merely stating things as they are.  you got a better
system?  put up, or shut up.

You, sir, are  the agenda driven person.  You simply DO NOT LIKE ARBITRON.

I am merely a guy who holds his breath twice a year and hopes that the
one-tenth of one-percent of this particular metro area returns whatever
passes for usable (in-tab) diaries that somehow reflects enough of a benefit
for my particular daypart and station for me to remain employed without
having to sell my house and move.

I do not at all believe in the methodology.  my original post was in no way
giving anyone a free pass, as was noted in the example that one household
member in many instances winds up returning the household's assigned
listening logs based upon either his/her preference or best guesstimate as
to who is listening to what, and when.  read what i wrote, sir.  i agreed
that the system is flawed.  but it is the only one in play.  and until
advertisers with their Zillions of dollars to spend insist on another
method -
it is what it is.

--Chuck Igo