honoring Larry Glick, Arnie Ginsburg, etc

Jack Marshall wvnh@wvnh.net
Thu Aug 21 08:39:00 EDT 2008

> "Kevin Vahey" <kvahey@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> For ownership one has to include Maxwell E Richmond. What he did with
> WMEX was extraordinary given the signal limitations.

Wow, this one brings very mixed feelings to the surface for me. Having
worked for the man, I know first hand how ruthless he could be with his
staff. The thought of honoring him is still very off-putting to me.

OTOH, he was the driving force behind a highly successful station in the
1960's and part of the 1970's as well as an extremely good judge of air
talent. Just look at the Who's Who of broadcasting legends that he hired
at one time or another for validation of that.

This one is a tough call for me even after 37 years of hindsight. Honor
the station? No problem here. Honor the men who worked there? Sure.
Honor Mac? ::shiver::

Jack