Larry Glick, PS

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Fri Aug 15 02:31:22 EDT 2008

At 12:24 AM 8/15/2008, Roger Kirk wrote:
>Wikipedia states:
>
>During the 1970's, Larry became involved as a partner in a
>commercial hypnotherapy business with headquarters in Brookline,
>Massachusetts. The company promoted itself as a method for smoking
>cessation and for weight loss.*

Alas, much as I admire some of the work that goes into Wikipedia
essays, I tell my students not to use it as a resource for exactly
that reason-- you have no way of knowing how reliable the information
is, or where the author of the essays got it, or whether the author
has any expertise in the subject.  When I write for Wikipedia (or
correct one of their essays), I offer footnotes and/or works
cited.  But not everyone does.