"Left, right, whatever" talk station gone in D.C.

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Mon Aug 11 15:41:18 EDT 2008

WTOP is already on 103.5, the former classical WGMS, one of the best
FM's in the market, along with 103.9 and now will get 107.7 as well.
They will be heard throughout the market and then some.  1500 is not
needed anymore.  That signal will now simulcast the Federal News
Radio format on 830.  3WT was never really given much of a chance.
After "Washington Post Radio" folded, Bonneville simply put a
smattering of various syndicated offerings on with little promotion
or marketing.  It was doomed to fail.

Apparently Bonneville doesn't want the sports rights either, as they
aren't expected to renew any of the teams currently on 3WT.  They are
also dropping Tony Kornheiser's two hour local show.  I would assume
that Redskins owner Dan Snyder will scoop up Kornheiser and the teams
rights as well, now that he has several signals around the DC area
programming sports.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"