Is What Anne Korin Said True?

Shawn Mamros mamros@MIT.EDU
Sun Aug 10 14:19:21 EDT 2008

I know for a fact there was no such regulation on the books in the
1970s, since the new cars my parents bought at the time had AM-only
radios.

It also seems a dubious requirement at best - sure, the car has
a radio, but there's no guarantee the driver's going to have it
on at all times, right?  (Or that the driver isn't going to be
listening to CDs or their iPod instead.)  Sounds bogus to me,
but there are certainly other bogus laws and regulations around...

Might have to dig a bit further...

-Shawn Mamros
E-mail to: mamros -at- mit dot edu