WKOX status

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Mon Aug 4 11:03:31 EDT 2008

I posted the following a few minutes ago at Radio-Info.com

Quote from: (The Other) Big John on Today at 05:52:11 am
OK boys and girls! I found this while checking out the FCC CDBS early
this morning. It should clear up some matters concerning WKOX.

http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/cdbs/forms/prod/cdbsmenu.hts?context=25&appn=101260441&formid=911&fac_num=20441

A little probing and a computer crash later, I have the answers to my
own questions:
WKOX's application for an STA was apparently tendered for filing last
Thursday, 7/31/08, the day after Bain Capital et al closed on the
purchase of Clear Channel.
The FCC accepted the the application for filing today, Monday 8/4/08.
Note that the FCC's acceptance of an application for filing DOES NOT
mean that the application has been granted.
When the FCC grants its application for an STA, WKOX can legally begin
testing from the Newton site.
Given how rapidly WRCA was able to begin testing from the site after
its application for an STA was granted, WKOX may begin transmitting
from Newton almost immediately after its STA application is granted.
How long will it take for the FCC to grant the application? I don't
know, but my guess is that it won't take very long--I think the FCC is
likely to act this week.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367