CBS Selling off 50 Stations

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Sun Aug 3 11:06:25 EDT 2008

That was CBS's thinking for years.  Hartford is their second smallest
market, but one of it's most successful in terms of ratings and
revenue (for that size.)  However, according to radioandrecords.com,
all markets beyond the top 16 are being sold.  There's nothing
specific yet from CBS, but considering they're selling Pittsburgh and
KDKA (according to the Pittsburgh Tribune Review) and Charlotte may
also be in play (a growth market) I can't see them hanging on to the
Hartford stations.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"