Al Kaprielian 25 years at Channel 50, Today

Kevin Vahey kvahey@comcast.net
Fri Aug 1 14:36:12 EDT 2008

John Quill at one point lived on the mountain top in Agawam so he
could do weather at 11 and then the Today Show in the morning.

Some dispute if Quill was the longest however as a case can be made
for Art Lake at WJAR Providence who finally retired when he was
disabled by a stroke a couple of years back. I think Art is still
alive but in a nursing home.

Channel 50 has well just been a fringe player since it came on the air
but it seems EVERYBODY knows Al and his GOOD EVENING..

I am actually amazed nobody in Boston ever gave him a chance. Al went
to school for weather in Vermont and his forecasts are as good as
anybody and he doesn't have expensive toys to play with.