Could I get an opinion?

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Aug 1 00:31:14 EDT 2008

<<On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 23:59:47 -0400, Donna Halper <dlh@donnahalper.com> said:

> question:  in our YouTube and scandal-driven world, where gossip and
> rumour can be found even in serious newspapers and on mainstream TV
> newscasts, is there nothing that is just plain WRONG to broadcast or
> print?

No.

But there are very, very few things on which the world has unanimous
agreement.  Perhaps none.  That doesn't mean you can't, or shouldn't,
apply your own standards -- but it does mean that you can't expect
others to have the same standards as you do.  (And particularly in
today's hypercapitalist, globalized society, for good or for ill, some
people's standards go no deeper than "Will it make me a buck?" and
"Will I end up in court over it?")

-GAWollman