Hum problem

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Apr 14 01:30:06 EDT 2008

The hum returned this afternoon, though not quite as loud as before.
So I tried the suggestion someone gave to ground the stereo chassis.
There was already a ground post for the turntable, so I used that and
ran a wire to the ground post on the outlet strip.  No change.

Then this evening, I tried it again, and the hum was gone.  Go
figure!  I wonder if anyone in the building is doing something that
could be causing this.  Whatever, I'm trying to get as much of the
recording I want to do done this evening while the equipment is
working.