[B-R-I] 1.070 CBA Moncton Signing Off (For Good) Mon Morning

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Mon Apr 7 00:38:13 EDT 2008

On 6 Apr 2008 at 16:11, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> I use to listen to Hockey Night in Canada on CBA as it came in much
> better than CBM and CBL.

I used to like to listen to CBC's evening programming, sometimes on
CBA and sometimes on CBM or CBL.  CBA was an hour earlier, being in
the Atlantic time zone.  Sometimes I would listen to something on CBA
and then listen again on CBL or CBM.  Usually CBL came in better.

CBA's sign-off, shortly after midnight local time, 11 PM our time,
was one of my favorites.  They would give the Canadian and US weather
(in those days, it wasn't "Environment Canada," it was the "Dominion
Public Weather Office") and then they'd play "O Canada" followed by
:"God Save the Queen."