Radio tower question: WLLH?

mike@miscon.net mike@miscon.net
Fri Apr 4 22:13:53 EDT 2008

The 99.5 tower.

Bear Hill? I remember always calling it that,
but someone once told me that was wrong.

There's a story about
a plane hitting it many years back - I'm sure someone on the list has the
full details

Mike

> What was the big old vertical
radiator that used to stand on a hill on the
> west side of 495
between Lawrence and Lowell?  It was at Exit 39, I think
> (Route
133).  It was replaced sometime back in the '90s, if memory serves,
> but was there for years and years before that.  It was a very
sizeable
> tower. Was it associated with WLLH, WCCM or what?
>
> Also: Assuming that WLLH stands for "Lowell,
Lawrence, Haverhill" (?), did
> the station ever actually
have a physical presence in Haverhill?