WBZ, the Globe, and FCC decisions re: media cross-ownership

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Wed Apr 2 16:39:44 EDT 2008

<<On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:41:46 -0400, "Doug Drown" <revdoug1@verizon.net> said:

> Where is the FCC at present with regard to its rethinking of the
> regulations concerning media cross-ownership?  With major newspapers
> and broadcasting stations all struggling financially, it would seem
> to me that this might be an apt time to ask whether relaxation of
> the rules might help the different media to boost one another up.

I, frankly, am amazed that anyone in Washington still thinks the
newspaper cross-ownership rule is constitutional.  If someone had
sufficient incentive and resources to fight, it would likely be a
slam-dunk with the current Supreme Court.

-GAWollman