Live Music (was:RE: Gene Jones/Ray Dory/Jess Cain/Park Squares)

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Apr 2 14:18:54 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Doug Drown
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 1:22 PM
To: Sonny Daye; boston-radio-interest@lists.BostonRadio.org
Subject: Re: Gene Jones/Ray Dory/Jess Cain/Park Squares

This must have been right around the time of the advent of rock 'n' roll.
I'm 56 and can't remember any radio station that played live music of any
kind, anywhere, except on very sporadic special occasions.  I started
listening to the Top 40 on WBZ and WPTR in 1962, when I was 11.   -Doug

I'm 58 and I remember live bands on the morning shows in New York.  I
believe the band on the Jack Sterling Show on WCBS was led by Tyree Glenn.