is broadcasting broken beyond repair?

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Wed Apr 2 13:36:19 EDT 2008

But right now sports talk is one of the few radio formats that are
thriving.  While The Globe, Herald and TV stations are laying people
off, radio and cable are hiring.  WAMG is doing nothing, but for the
most part it's not local and the signal stinks.  WWZN is nothing but
a car wreck that everyone slows down to see but is soon in the rear
view mirror.  Just as WTKK changed the talk landscape in this market
nearly a decade ago, a sports talk station on FM based around local
personalities could make an impact right away, and it would attract
demos that are easily saleable.  It would be content that you can't
find on satellite and would be hyper local.  As the Lenox Financial
guy says, "it's the biggest no-brainer in the history of earth."

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"