Gene Jones

thomas heathwood HeritageRadio@msn.com
Wed Apr 2 04:17:24 EDT 2008

In reply to Doug's question - I do recall that years before the WBZ Community Auditions, Gene Jones was heard on WEEI on the live morning show which I think at that time was hosted by Carl Moore.  Gene was part of a group  called "Gene Jones ands His Java Jivers" who were the vocal group
on the show every morning.   This is strictly from my aging memory.  Perhaps Donna and others remember in greater detail.  I found myself groping for facts when I interviewed Jon Provost on my show this week. He, you may recall, was "Timmy" on the LASSIE show for 7 years.
You can hear (streaming 24/7) at:    www.VintageRadioPlace.com/broadcast<http://www.vintageradioplace.com/broadcast>    now thru Saturday.   Tom Heathwood  4/2