A Bronx cheer to WRKO

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:22:40 EDT 2007

"...Boston connects with the Savage nation..."

And disconnects from Sox Nation

"and now LIVE...Michael Savage"

Well, it was live 4 hours ago...

>>I would wager 99% of the people who were listening to the Sox last
night turned off WRKO the second Savage came on. Keep in mind the Red
Sox wrap up show is on WEEI anyhow after every game ( except Sunday
during football season when it is on WRKO )

Yes--in some ways I could see WRKO being talk till 7 pm then Sox
and do Sox talk on _RKO_ after the game but they figure people
who know about WEEI will just tune there anyway. They might
consider an announcement saying, "Tune to AM 850 to talk
about tonight's game"

>>This split network was just a flawed idea from Day 1 and it cost WRKO
Howie Carr. They may think they have him signed until 2012 but at this
point it is doubtful he will ever enter the New Balance Building
again.

Yes. While I did like the idea of the Sox on 'RKO since it comes in
better at my workplace, I also knew there would be problems in that
part of Howie's show would be pre-empted (and during spring
training, much of it was). Are they sports or reg. talk? It IS
possible to have a station do talk until 7 pm then switch
to sports, though. What if they had found a way to put
Howie on 2-6 pm? No pre-emptions for that last half hour...
but I think they have to carry all 3 hours of Rush, etc\