Strange Boston Globe Headline: Intentional Or Coincidental

Robert S Chase attychase@comcast.net
Sun Sep 30 13:38:27 EDT 2007

A reading of the whole article reveals its gist is that Mr. Beam, frontman
for the group, has changed the way the group sounds. Thus the word which in
some contexts means to change direction like in "his preferences changed and
tilted to the right (or left if you prefer)". I do agree the headline writer
was thinking of beam tilt as in a flashlight beam but without asking him and
ascertaining his Freudian fantasies we'll never know. <grin>