wcop 400 million dollar sound

Sean Smyth ssmyth@psualum.com
Thu Sep 27 16:20:27 EDT 2007

From: Doug Drown <revdoug1@verizon.net>
<< History trivia time:  Your mentioning Plough's ownership of WCOP (which I
remember: "A Radio Service of Plough, Incorporated") has made me wonder what
other major manufacturing companies used to own broadcasting stations but
have gotten out of the business.  GE exited in the '80s but went back in;
Westinghouse evolved into CBS; Avco/Crosley owned WLW.  Does anyone know of
any others?  I know Plough was a pharmaceutical company, but I'm using the
term "manufacturing" broadly. >>

When did GE get back in radio? Did I miss it