WUNR

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 12:50:57 EDT 2007

When I was growing up north of Boston in the 60's and 70's....I woul
occaisionally see WUNR listed among the Boston stations.  Try as I might...I
could *never* (I mean never!) pick up that station.

Not that there was anything to listen to on WUNR that even remotely
interested me.  ;-)

I believe sometime in the 70's I saw a coverage map that had the signal
coming from west of Boston...and over Boston and then straight out to sea.
(Almost like a "V" shape.)  Next to virtually no signal going North or
South.

I find lately when I hit 'scan' on the car radio that it actually stops at
1600AM...and I can actually hear the station.  (Not that I understand
anything.)   ;-)

Here is their current pattern:

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/pat?call=WUNR&service=AM&status=L&hours=U

That signal doesn't look half bad (compared to the map I saw in the 70's.)

I know WUNR has a CP out right now and have or about to upgrade their
facilities....But, did they do an upgrade of their facilities sometime
between the 70's and now to open up more coverage to the North and South?

Have they always been 5KW?

Just curious....