Prov. shuffle: Rush, Buddy, etc

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Thu Sep 6 16:36:27 EDT 2007

>>September 20th is the first day of the fall book, which is why
those midweek dates are there.

Thanks for info! Maybe I'm just used to TV where daily shows will
launch on a Monday, or move to a new time slot ("'Jeopardy',
weeknights at 7 pm, starting Monday Sept 17"...)

>>what
else did that station have?  CC/Providence has been competing
against Rush for years, despite being distributed by co-owned
Premiere.  They may have just decided to finally bring Rush
in-house to stabilize the station.

Good point. You could look at it as "WHJJ now has the most
popular syndie hosts--Rush, Beck, Hannity" or "Clear Channel's
going the cheap route with syndie hosts". Or, as you say,
have Rush go to 920 rather than compete against him. (Kind of
ironic, that the new lineup debuts "9/20 on 920"...
and 630, too)

>>Or, it could be possible that WPRO dropped him.   The bulk of his
audience is rapidly entering 55+ land and Citadel may have decided
to go with local hosts that appeal to younger demos.

Right...

>>Looking at the Boston situation, I doubt that CC will move it's
syndicated talkers to WKOX until the signal upgrade to 50,000 watts
is complete.

When is that anyway? I thought I'd heard "August" but still no sign of it...

WTKK could conceivably pick up Rush but I think they'd have to carry him
live. This might mean moving E&B elsewhere and possibly getting rid
of O'Reilly (tape delayed, 7 pm) or (hopefully not) Ingraham
(tape delayed, 9 pm) in some kind of shuffle.