Prov. shuffle: Rush, Buddy, etc

Bob Nelson raccoonradio@mail.com
Thu Sep 6 11:01:53 EDT 2007

A talk radio shuffle in Providence on Sept. 20 will have Rush Limbaugh moving from WPRO to WHJJ
and Buddy Cianci back on the airwaves. Citadel's WPRO will have DePetro moving to 6 to 10
am, followed by Cianci & Ron St. Pierre middays, then an expanded Dan Yorke. All local--
as opposed to Clear Channel's WHJJ which will have Pittsburgh's Quinn and Rose in am
drive followed by Beck, Limbaugh, and I guess Sean Hannity.

(As far as I know, Helen Glover is gone from WHJJ unless they put her in 3-6 pm and
move Hannity to tape-delayed, or move her to another slot). So WHJJ would have the
powerful Rush (from Clear Channel's syndication arm, Premiere) added but there
will apparently be no local hosts anywhere from 6 am to 6 pm, at least.

It had been rumored Clear Channel would set up talk on its WKOX in Framingham and they could have put
the likes of Beck and Rush there, but it hasn't happened. But Rush has indeed been placed
on a Clear Channel property in Providence, though.

By the way the change takes place on a Thu (two weeks from today). I'm guessing
Rush's contract with WPRO expires after Sept. 19 (the same day Howie's
contract with WRKO is to expire) so he'd be moved to WHJJ the next day. It's
kind of weird to have a new show/new lineup premiere in the middle of the
week rather than "starting fresh on a Monday" but I guess if a contract
expires in the middle of the week, the change will also happen at that time.
Similarly, Washington Post radio will give way to WWWT in D.C. on Sept. 20,
a Thursday.