If 890 is sold

Don A donald_astelle@yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 01:03:11 EDT 2007

> I live in Metrowest.  It sucks.  I live closer to WVEI and that's even
> worse.  However, 99.5 comes in just fine....

I live in NH.  850AM comes in great day and night.

> So does 850, particularly after sunset.  Plus it's AM.  And 850 sucks
> during the day in a lot of outlying areas of the market.

I have never had an issue with it...anywhere in the metro.

> Why do you think Entercom took the Red Sox games off 850?  Because the
> signal sucks.

Are we comparing RKO/EEI?  If so, I agre, RKO has the better signal.

> Wrong.  Worcester is an embedded market within Boston.

Sorry.  Worcester is not in the metro.

>  So are the southernmost counties of New Hampshire.

The closest county to Boston is Rockingham.

It's not in the metro either.

>> So you'd be filling in part of the Boston metro with a station licensed
>> to Rhode Island?
>
> So?

So, the strongest part of these two signals will not be over Boston.

The area with the densest populations will not have the strongest signal.

> Personally, I think it's brilliant...

We'll see if Entercom agrees with your brilliance!

> It's because the market is expanding geographically.   It's no longer just
> the city and the burbs around 128.

The ARB metro hasn't changed much...since they added those areas like
hubbarston and petersham years ago.

>> That's what is happening now.  And WEEI is OK with this.
>
> On a flea powered AM that doesn't even cover half the market during the
> day, and barely covers Framingham at night.

Same thing in NYC.  WEPN is not really a factor due to WFAN's dominance and
localness.

Is WEPN flea powered too?

>> So, you would put your already wildly sucessful format on an inferior
>> signal because you are afraid of what *might* happen?
>
> No, I'd put my wildly successful station on an FM signal that covers most
> of the market, day and night.

Nest time you see a diary review...see how many diaries south of Boston list
WCRB...

Or WKLB before that.

> It's called being pro-active.

It's called gambling.

And with WEEI already wildly sucessful for Entercom....I hardly think they
will roll the dice with the scheme you suggested.

But....if I am wrong, you get a heartfelt apology from me....  ;-)