Re Re: Di-Rectional.....

Robert F. Sutherland madprof@ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 1 15:26:51 EDT 2007

Kevin Vahey & Dan Strassberg  -  you rate an extreme appreciation award,
and a "you rock, man!"
for pointing to WFLA / WSUN as  1st (WSUN says so!) directional site.
I've seen the Gandy Causeway towers, and never thought to check the history.

I'd never thought to wonder where was 1st direx site,
Thanks  to Don A   for the spark!

yes, Google search shows much....(woo! thrill!)
Including Barry Mishkind's  listing "Radio Roots Discovered at Tampa Bay"
which has a color pix at the Gandy Causeway!!!  (not as clear as Scott's
pix are tho)

Don -  you are ever so correct, re computing power having
eased creating a direction array plan.
I recall a pre 1950 Engineering book, found at
Worcester Poly Institute, which had an article & photos of a oscilloscope
with input circuitry to simulate array pattern, with controls (pots)
to provide tower / array parameters.  Today, ridiculously inaccurate,
years back, saved much manual pre-calculation time

Bob Sutherlan