WBZ website up-dates

Donna Halper dlh@donnahalper.com
Wed Oct 31 22:43:39 EDT 2007

As some of you know, I am working with Peter Casey and others at WBZ
to up-date the website's history--- will let you know when it's
completed, but I think you'll be pleased.  I was curious about two
things.  One, do any of you have old WBZ surveys or old promotional
materials that have some of the WBZ slogans the station used to use
in the 50s or 60s?  I want to scan some of them-- like "the spirit of
New England" or "the Greatest Airshow on Earth," or "the Live
Five."  I have some in my own collection, but would be interested to
know who else has some... mine are not all in the greatest shape.

Secondly, as I mentioned, we want to do a tribute page-- with
profiles of past WBZ stars like Bruce Bradley or Dick Summer or Larry
Glick.  Before we round up the usual suspects, do you have some
nominees for that page-- any former news or sports or air
personalities who deserve to be remembered?  We will probably have a
separate page for those who are no longer living... like Leo Egan,
Carl DeSuze, Streeter Stuart... but at this point, I just wanna see
what names come to mind when you think of memorable people who used
to be on the air at WBZ.