It's Official: WPEP-AM Defunct

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:17:05 EDT 2007

As we all know, the FCC is now looking favorably on relatively
weak AM's adding FM translators.  If the WPEP tower remains in
place, could WVBF-AM put an FM antenna on it, possibly on either
96.5 or 94.9?  Taunton is a bit close to WERS-FM's translator
on 96.5 on Pope's Island in New Bedford Harbor, but still what
separations does the FCC require for translators?  And that translator
is one channel uop from WRZE, 96.3 on Nantucket (planning to move to the
Cape itself)...so could a translator one channel down from WXTK-FM 95.1
work in Taunton?

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?