Carr's latest legal moves

Chuck Igo chuckigo@maine.rr.com
Sat Oct 20 23:55:56 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan.Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net>

> even... even??? Huh? If you work for him now, you would probably want
> to stay on his good side. If Dan ONCE worked for him, he might well
> not care whether or not he stayed on his good side. Seems like a
> pretty simple comcept.

and how am i rallying to stay on anyone's good side, Dan?  just wondering as
i put cards on the table, as is, including the entire Catch-22 thing.

 Dan B does care.  that's why he brought the whole "Cary thing" into this
thread.  at no point did i mention i work for Cary, nor does Cary's
involvement have any relevance to this discussion whatsoever.  matter of
fact, i've known and worked with/for Cary, man and boy, 26 years now.  Cary
was my first PD in Portland, he was the VP/Programming for Sconnix when i
was very unceremoniously dismissed by WHDH, and he is the GM of the group
where i'm currently employed.  but at no point did i bring up Cary nor have
i attempted to curry any favor, especially by mentioning the exact same
right-to-match thing as being included in our company's personal employment
agreements.

Dan B does care.  he's a radio guy who now has a license to practice law.
as i told him through law school - a fabulous endeavor, by the way - to send
us his report cards and i'd gladly put them on the 'fridge in our radio
station's coffee area.  but he's a radio guy.  can't take that out of his
blood.

and this is an interesting topic regarding contract law and ethics.   how
would our certified baristers handle the situation ?  what would the advice
be to a client?

would it be:  don't sign a contract that requires you to potentially be
employed by someone forever?

                   don't sign a contract that requires you to be truthful
and upfront at all times?

                   don't sign a contract?   and if so -

          enjoy working in some field other than radio as you'll never get a
deal which allows you to perhaps persue or investigate greener pastures once
the bloom is off the rose, so to speak?

- -Chuck Igo