Howie belongs to WRKO

radiotony radiotony@comcast.net
Thu Oct 18 14:04:25 EDT 2007

I would most certainly support relaxing the ownership rules between
newspapers and radio and television stations.
There could be very good synergy between daily newspapers and especially
news/talk stations.
But, I would only support it if so long as the FCC tightened the rules on
ownership to pre-1996 Telecom Bill, where there was more competition between
media companies and more choices, too.

Best,
Tony Schinella
OurConcord.com

-----Original Message-----
From: boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org
[mailto:boston-radio-interest-bounces@tsornin.BostonRadio.org] On Behalf Of
Doug Drown
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 2:35 PM
To: Bob Nelson; Maureen Carney; Boston Radio Group
Subject: Re: Howie belongs to WRKO

Relaxation of media cross-ownership is about to be discussed by the FCC.
Personally, I have no problem with the idea, except that I feel strongly
that a media company should be allowed to own a daily newspaper and only ONE
AM-FM or radio-TV combo in a given community.  We've got enough duopolies,
triopolies, quadropolies and otherwise multi-"opoly" ownerships already
without making the problem worse.

-Doug