WTKK Can't Be Happy About Latest Rating

Joseph Pappalardo joepappalardo2001@yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 21:11:52 EDT 2007

--- Laurence Glavin <lglavin@mail.com> wrote:

>  The only numbers
> generally available of course are the
> 12-and-overs, and to please the gatekeepers, I won't
> specify them here...but 96.9 FM
> tawk dropped slightly over one-half of a percentage
> point...

Lets keep this in perspective....

It IS the Summer book, the least important book of the
sales departments.

It is a book that the least amount of marketing for a
station is done.

It is a book that is discounted by buyers because the
audience it measures is in flux...vacationing
traveling, etc.

It is also the book where the majority of hosts take
vacation time (and unlike music stations, having a
host on the air is considered vital to a talk
station.)

Lastly, keep in mind that Howie aside, WTKK just
unvelied some new marketing schemes, website, call
letters are prodominantly used on the air now, new
promo vices, weather reports, etc.

That being said....WTKK is still NOT _my_ favorite
station.