Howie belongs to WRKO

Tony Abruzzese abruzzese@biochem.bumc.bu.edu
Tue Oct 16 15:38:06 EDT 2007

 From everything that I have read, the crux of the issue is that Howie
and/or his agent (or at least appear to have) negotiated a contract with
Greater Media while:

a. Still under contract to Entercom
b. Without first negotiating with Entercom
c. Not allowing Entercom to even counter-offer.

The big one however is the fact that he was still under contract to
Entercom when an agreement with Greater Media was made.

If I remember the principles correctly from my Labor Relations classes
many years ago, Howie and his agent were in breach of contract simply by
entertaining an offer from Greater Media without informing Entercom, who
had first right of refusal, while still under contract. They compounded
the breach by refusing to "negotiate in good faith" with Entercom, who
had the contractual right to negotiate for his services until mid
September. As a result, Howie & Co. are being held to the letter of the
contract, as interpreted by the court.

--
Tony Abruzzese
BUSM Dept of Biochemistry