WLNG Carrying Most Night NY Knicks & Rangers Games

SteveOrdinetz hykker@wildblue.net
Fri Oct 5 22:01:43 EDT 2007

Mark Watson wrote:
>   While listening to WLNG (92.1 Sag Harbor NY) on line I heard a
> promo that they are teaming up with ESPN 1050 to carry most night
> New York Knicks & Rangers games. Could this have something to do
> with IBOC from WBZ and if KYW from Philly on 1060 (if they're
> running IBOC) affecting 1050 reception on Eastern Long Island? This
> is also to my knowledge the first time they've carried pro sports
> on a regular basis.

Or maybe the mid-charting oldies format with the 1965 retro audio
isn't paying the bills like it once did?

Certainly the demo (50+) they're targeting isn't a big user of radio
in the evenings...what better way than sports to attract a new audience?