Citadel Imus Close to Deal?

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Wed Oct 3 15:45:53 EDT 2007

Citadel owns the ABC Radio Network--it was part of the deal along with
the terrestrial stations they bought from Disney/ABC.  I would assume
they would keep it in house and do it themselves.   They already
distribute Hannity and a few other conservatalkers, so Imus would fit
right in.

The question for me is, will the I-man land on WABC or WPLJ?  I would
think he'd be a better fit on 770, and I'm sure he could outbill Curtis
Sliwa in mornings.  While WPLJ does need a format change, I can't see
him landing on 95.5.   He'd be battling for the same demos/audience
that listens to WABC.  There's no synergy there.

As far as Boston goes, he won't land anywhere until the Howie Carr
situation is settled.  If Entercom wins and keeps him from going to
96.9, I think WTKK would bring Imus back.   If Howie gets his wish and
moves to FM, it wouldn't surprise me to see WRKO dump or move the
Speakah and replace him with Imus.  680 needs a talk host with some
name recognition in a big way besides Rush, and Finneran just isn't
cutting it.  Despite his baggage, Imus might be worth the gamble for
WRKO.

-Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"