Bonneville is already using "Nightside" name

Dan.Strassberg dan.strassberg@att.net
Tue Oct 2 15:30:56 EDT 2007

Well, Ashbrook certainly doesn't deal in invective. So that part is
true, but he is so slavishly bound to the clock and to not missing a
post that I often find listening to On Point nerve wracking! I found
the most refreshing On Point programs to be those hosted by John
Hockenberry while Ashbrook was on vecation a year or so ago.
Hockenberry doesn't have Ashbrook's million-dollar pipes, but there is
nothing wrong with his voice; it's fine. AND he hit all of those posts
without a sign of agitation and without urging a single caller (at
least none that I heard) to get on with it "we have a break coming
up." I said to myself, "this guy is REALLY talented." Within the last
week or so, I read that Hockenberry has landed a new gig at some major
public radio station--WNYC, maybe. My reaction was "good for him but
too bad for us." I was hoping he'd wind up in Boston. IIRC, the item
mentioned the time at which the new program will air and it did not
seem as though it would fit into the schedule of either WBUR or
WGBH-FM.

-----
Dan Strassberg (dan.strassberg@att.net)
eFax 1-707-215-6367