Conelrad in Boston area

dan.strassberg@att.net dan.strassberg@att.net
Fri Nov 23 13:32:02 EST 2007

Of course, higher powered stations participated. Many of them simply lowered the plate voltage. Others dedicated lower-powered backup transmitters to ConElRad. I even know of one station that constructed a home-brew transmitter just for ConElRad--I suppose because one of the engineers just wanted to do it.
--
dan.strassberg@att.net
eFax 707-215-6367

-------------- Original message from Cdsull502@aol.com: --------------

I appreciated the post explaining how Conrelrad worked.   Did the 5 kw limitation mean that stations like WBZ, WHDH and, at the time, WNAC did not participate?

Did those stations have standby 5 kw transmitters?   I would seem kind of crazy to exclude that stations that had the most resources from the system.

Thanks.

Chris Sullivan
CdSull502@aol.com