Conelrad in Boston area

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Nov 21 23:24:42 EST 2007

On 21 Nov 2007 at 12:12, Kevin Vahey wrote:

> What I remember about the test ( it had to be 1961 or 2 ) was the
> signal of the Conelrad station was very weak in Harvard Sq.

I remember a Conelrad test circa 1955.  My sister and I went down to
the cellar, to be safe from the bombs (we knew it was pretend, but
...) and listened to the broadcast.  I found it very annoying because
the signal kept fading in and out, and I thought something was wrong
with the radio.  When I told my mother, she explained why it was
supposed to sound like that.