could not get WBZ in Hartford last night

Larry Weil kc1ih@mac.com
Wed Nov 21 12:03:18 EST 2007

At 10:10 AM -0500 11/21/07, Kevin Vahey wrote:
>I was trying to listen to the Bruins game on BZ last night and around
>Hartford I lost the signal completly to HASH from KDKA-HD

Hash!  Corned beef? :-)

Seriously, can you be sure the hash was from that, or any, specific
station?  I would think that without some serious test equipment it's
impossible to say for sure what station such interference is coming
from.  I think you would need something that can read the digital
encoding.

>Seriously are we looking at HD being a daytime only service in the future?

I think that depends upon if the FCC gets enough complaints about
interference within the primary contours from the stations that are
being interfered with.  I presume you are referring to AM HD only.

--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH