Conelrad in Boston area

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Wed Nov 21 11:19:43 EST 2007

>>You're gonna need Donna to give you a definitive answer and even she
may not have the info.<<

I'd almost bet Donna doesn't know, because to my almost-certain
knowledge, the frequency distribution plan was top-secret so as not to
tip off the enemy.  ConElRad's participating stations were, AFAIK,
ordered to keep their emergency plans secret as well (i.e., whether or
not they'd stay on the air under ConElRad and which frequency they'd
use).  The whole idea was to cripple the direction-finding capability of
the enemy by placing all AM transmitters which were still on the air on
one of only two frequencies, and I seriously doubt that even the
too-often-dense government types would have let that information become
public knowledge.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF