WODS & WROR Flip To All Christmas

Dale H. Cook radiotest@cox.net
Wed Nov 14 18:38:06 EST 2007

At 06:10 PM 11/14/2007, Garrett Wollman wrote:

>And of course local
>cable gets the single wacko dealer from 30 miles away who bought all
>of eastern Mass. because it was cheap, never mind that nobody is going
>to drive that far to buy from him.

I dunno. The same idea worked for the late Ernie Boch, though we
didn't have cable when he started TV advertising. He drew buyers from
considerable distances, though, and I'll bet that Ernie, Jr. does
too. Papa Ernie started out with one Rambler dealership, and look at
the size of the automile today, not to mention the Subaru
distributorship and the radio stations.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://members.cox.net/dalehcook/starcity.shtml