WODS & WROR Flip To All Christmas

A. Joseph Ross joe@attorneyross.com
Wed Nov 14 00:19:05 EST 2007

On 13 Nov 2007 at 13:16, John Francini wrote:

> Okay, so it's obviously a ratings boom for the stations that do it.
> I have no problem at all with a station going to all-Christmas music.
>
> However, I wish they'd wait until 00:00 on the Friday morning after
> Thanksgiving.  Then go full blast.  Otherwise, it makes it seem to me
> that Thanksgiving is a mere 'speed bump' on the way to Christmas.

This is an old complaint.  Especially old is the complaint that the
Christmas season is getting earlier and earlier.  This really isn't
so.  I remember being in a department store with my father back in
the mid-1950s, a week or so before Halloween, and being surprised to
see Christmas decorations.  If the season really did start earlier
and earlier, it would be year-round by now.