WODS & WROR Flip To All Christmas

Roger Kirk rogerkirk@ttlc.net
Tue Nov 13 17:29:27 EST 2007

John Francini wrote:
> <snip> I have no problem at all with a station going to all-Christmas
> music.
> However, I wish they'd wait until 00:00 on the Friday morning after
> Thanksgiving.
It would appear that Friday morning after Thanksgiving (a.k.a. Black
Friday) as a Christmas Sales delimiter is tres passe.  (a little french
lingo for Monsieur Glavin)

Wal-Mart held their "Black Friday" a couple of weeks ago.  As reported
on WBZ Newsradio 1030 in a MarketWatch report (at :08 & :38)  My
mother-in-law got caught in it and had no idea why the parking lot was
jammed and the store was overflowing.  She's 87 and doesn't listen to
the radio.