WDRC-FM oddity

Laurence Glavin lglavin@mail.com
Tue Nov 13 13:46:06 EST 2007

A recent entry among the FCC applications on the Daily Digest was for a translator
on 96.7 megahertz, W244CF COL Plymouth, MA.  That's one dial position down from
WTKK-FM, Boston.  It will operate with 10 watts with a directional antenna just east
of route 3 on the Plymouth/Sagamore line.  Now the FCC directional data indicates
that only one radial, zero degrees, which is due north, will get the full output,
1.000, every other point is a fraction of that.  But the contour map shows the major
lobe pointed toward the northeast.  In any event, many people headed to the Cape tuned
to WTKK may find themselves listening to a bible-thumping preacher for hire!

--
Want an e-mail address like mine?