WODS & WROR Flip To All Christmas

Sid Schweiger sid@wrko.com
Tue Nov 13 09:05:15 EST 2007

>>If flipping to Christmas music is so unpopular, why do stations do
it?

In other words, what happens to the ratings of stations like WODS and

WROR in the Boston Arbitrons during the "holiday drive" book period?

Do they go up?  Down?  Stay the same?  My guess is that they wouldn't

do this unless it gives them an edge, income-wise, or is, at least,
revenue-neutral.<<

A fair appraisal of the Arbitron numbers through last holiday season
shows that numbers in the Fall book (which includes most of the holiday
season) went up substantially for WODS.  I don't have breakouts for
individual weeks or months, but the 12+ shares went from a 4.1 in Summer
to a 5.6 in Fall to a 4.7 in Winter.  Make of that what you will.

Sid Schweiger
IT Manager, Entercom New England
WAAF - WEEI AM/FM - WKAF
WMKK - WRKO - WVEI AM/FM