More Boston-area brokered-time AMs

Garrett Wollman wollman@bimajority.org
Fri Nov 9 02:25:39 EST 2007

<<On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 01:20:54 -0500, "Dan Strassberg" <dan.strassberg@att.net> said:

> However, despite having a signal that is much maligned by people who
> mostly don't know what they are talking about, WTTT covers the
> market fairly well day and night.

Not the part of the market I live in.  In fact, none of the Boston
5-kWers make it here at night usefully.  Neither do the 50-kWers, for
that matter, with the obvious exception of WBZ.  (My best in-market
nighttime AM signals are 1200, 1060, 1030, and 830 in that order.  890
has bad, bad off-axis phasing -- hardly surprising given the pattern
-- and the problems of 680 and 850 are well-known.  For in-market NIF
coverage area, 830 is probably third-best overall.  WCRN's official
10.289 mV/m NIF is greatly overstated now that CFJR is gone; it should
be no more than 6.386 including all remaining contributors.)

-GAWollman