WALE is Spanish

David Tomm nostaticatall@charter.net
Thu May 31 19:30:26 EDT 2007

I'm sure Langer will broker 1140 out as much as possible and air his
fledgling talk network during unsold hours.  I doubt he will simulcast
WSRO.  While 650 is brokered "Portuguese," it's programming is aimed at
the immigrant Brazilian population in the Framingham/Marlborough area.
Most of the Portuguese speakers in Northern RI and the New Bedford/Fall
River area are from Portugal, not Brazil.  Each group speaks a very
different dialect of the language.  Just as there are several different
formats that target Spanish speakers (Regional Mexican, Tropical,
Contemporary, Rhythmic/reggaeton, etc) you would need different formats
to serve each Portuguese speaking community.  Besides, WJFD serves this
community fairly well at 97.3....

Dave Tomm
"Mike Thomas"